Festive Butter Cookies
Cookies are always a good idea whether it's the holiday season or not. These super delicious butter cookies are a joy to create. Get the kids involved in making their own shapes and gifting them to friends and teachers.
- 10 oz butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3.5 oz powered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz all-purpose flour
- 4 oz corn starch
- 2 tablespoons full cream milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 F if using fan-forced heat.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, salt and vanilla extract until fluffy. Add in milk and mix well. Fold in flour and cornstarch. Mix until dough becomes soft and does not stick on hands.
- Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into whatever shapes you wish using cookie cutters. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This will firm up the dough so the cookies will maintain their shape when baked.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cookies are lightly brown. Cool on rack. Using piped icing to decorate your cookies. Allow icing to dry before packaging.
- Assemble the cardboard bottom confection bags and write your personal holiday message onto a gift tag. Place 6 cookies per treat bag and seal closed. Your delicious home made treats are now ready for gifting. Happy Holidays!
Recipe adapted from: rasamalaysia.com
Leave a comment