Cinnamon Candied Pecans
This is one of our absolute favorite recipes for the holiday season. Your kitchen will begin to smell of cinnamon, a reminder of the festive season ahead. Just remember to make a batch for your family too, as they are guaranteed not to make it past the front door!
- 1 lb (450g) pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250 F / 120 C degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, vigorously whisk egg white with water and vanilla until very frothy.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add pecans to egg white mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour half of the sugar mixture over pecans and toss several times then add remaining sugar mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour coated pecans over a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Assemble the cardboard bottom confection bags and write your personal holiday message onto a gift tag. Scoop candied pecans into treat bags and seal closed. Your heavenly sweets are now ready for gifting. Happy Holidays!
Recipe adapted from: allrecipes.com
Leave a comment