Sugared Pecan Snowballs
Treat your family and friends with edible gifts made with love this holiday season. These delectable Snowballs will be the talk of the party and the best part is how easy they are to make.
- 2 cups of pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- Extra confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C. Spread 2 cups of pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool. Process the toasted pecans in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ground pecans, all-purpose flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine unsalted butter and confectioners' sugar. Using a hand-held mixer, beat the mixture on medium-high speed until it is light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in almond extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Shape the dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just lightly brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place extra confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cookies in the sugar to coat.
- Assemble the cardboard bottom confection bags and write your personal holiday message onto a gift tag. Place the Sugared Snowballs into the bags and seal closed. Your delicious home made sweets are now ready for gifting. Happy Holidays!
- Makes 36 balls. Double the mixture to gift 6 balls per treat bag.
Recipe adapted from: Real Simple Magazine
Leave a comment