We've kept the best till last. The fudgiest, deepest, darkest, most intense chocolate brownies EVER! From scratch, pantry staples, just one bowl, no mixer needed. Add some holiday cheer by turning them into reindeers!
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red Candy Balls for the nose
- Pretzels to make the ears
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, and mist an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 13-inch pan with non-stick spray. Line with parchment/baking paper.
- Stir the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt together, over simmering water, until melted and hot. Take off the heat and add the vanilla. Beat in the cold eggs, one at a time. Throw in the flour, and bake the whole glorious mess in a parchment-lined baking dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Before cooling completely, mark your rectangle shapes with a knife in the pan. Place the red candy balls in place of a nose. Put the pan in the fridge overnight to cool completely and use a knife again to cut them. This really helps them hold their shape and cut cleanly.
- Using the pretzel pieces, cut in half and shape to make reindeer ears. Poke into the top sides of each brownie rectangle. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Assemble the cardboard bottom confection bags and write your personal holiday message onto a gift tag. Place brownies inside. Write a personalized message for each label and seal bag closed. Your delicious Brownie Reindeers are now ready for gifting. Happy Holidays!
Recipe adapted from www.bakingamoment.com
Leave a comment