Christmas Fruit Pies
Making heavenly christmas pies doesn't need to take up an entire day. With this delectable, no fuss recipe, you'll be gifting tasty pies in no time at all.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Grated zest (1 tablespoon) and juice of 1 orange (1/3 cup)
- 1 jar gourmet fruit mince
- Icing sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, grated zest and orange juice and mix together until the dough comes together. Knead the dough into a ball and cover with cling wrap.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to roll the dough, set the oven to 350C degrees and spray a muffin tin with oil. The muffin/cupcake tin should be a shallow tin. The deep ones will work but probably not as well.
- Roll out the dough to about 2mm in thickness and with a round cookie cutter, cut the bases out of the dough and place them in the tin, gently pressing the bases down.
- Place a tablespoon of fruit mince in each casing.
- Now cut out the dough to cover the tops of the pies – the dough can be a little thinner for this. We used a round shape pinched around the edges with a few leafs on top but you can use a star shape as well.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry has browned nicely.
- Cool in the muffin pan before removing. Dust with icing sugar, ready for packaging.
- Assemble the cardboard bottom confection bags and write your personal holiday message onto a gift tag. Place pies into each treat bag and seal closed. Your delicious home-made Christmas Pies are now ready for gifting. Happy Holidays!
Recipe adapted from Just Easy Recipes
Leave a comment